Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Update

Update about me

Last two weeks I had not this much time to play diablo 3 as I want (soccer European championship and other activities), but I could level my barbarian to lev 59 and will hit lev 60 very soon. I also started my Hardcore Barbarian. She is lev 16 and at the start of act 2 normal. It's very funny to play hardcore, as long as you don't die and loose your gear :) I rarely farmed with my demon hunter, only a few runs in inferno. I also started to play a monk with exploring the hole story and lore.

I started to buy / sell in the American Auction House. I leveld a wizard to lev 9 on the American Server and started with low capital like 20k gold in the auction house. I have already 500k gold, but I'm only trading with the same items all the time. I'm making 10k - 15k per auction. I don't have the time and the incentiv to invest more time into the American Auction House, so I will continue with my activity as I'm already doing and will slowly increase my gold stock. I will make an own post about this activity and try to give you a periodical update.

As I started to play Hardcore, I also started to play with the Hardcore Auction House. The demand of items is a little bit different. Items with Vitality and defensive stats has much more value also in low level range. Prices are higher, specially  for gems (amethyst). If I have more time I will write about my Hardcore adventure.

In the normal gold auction House I could make some good deals with less effort of time, but in the RMAH I wasn't successfully. Yesterday I sold my first item, after posting some garbage for 1,25€ (0,25€ after fees). The European RMAH market seems very different as the American. It's much more difficult to sell anything on the RMAH in Europe. I think this has some reasons. First of all the credit card isn't this common in Europe as in America. The ratio between supply and demand is in Europe higher then in America, so everyone tries to undercut the other. One reason for this is again how you can pay in the RMAH and because of this there is less money in circulation, which can be reinvested. Maybe in some weeks in the RMAH in Europe there will be much more sales then now, but to a very low price.
To make money in Europe seems for me very difficult with the time I have.

With the Patch 1.0.3 I'm not sure now, what I will do next, because there are so many possibilities. I want a good mf gear which is good enough to farm act 1 and act 2 or act 3 inferno, but I don't know now if I should invest into the Barbarian or the Demon Hunter, both make fun and are so different. Also I don't know now how the play the Barbarian. More defensive with Sword and Board or a big 2 Hand Weapon.

Here you can find the Patch Notes 1.0.3




3 comments:

  1. Oh my god I approve on this, Hardcore is soooooo much more fun than softcore :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here - I LOVE hardcore. It takes some serious skill to make it in hardcore. I mean, anyone can die and softcore, keep going and still beat the game. But in hardcore? No way. You have to have some serious gaming skills.

    I've never tried the European RMAH. I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the European RMAH seems less responsive but your explanation makes total sense...

    ReplyDelete